C-Bus SHAC & NAC Interface Package
Welcome to our humble Abode
This interface package is our beautiful, simple, lighter-toned package, perfect for those effortless, comforting, inviting homes with white walls and lots of natural light. The beauty of automating with Clipsal's C-Bus SHAC & NACs is their unique ability to be completely customisable. But, this customisable power can be a little overwhelming. Especially when you have little design experience. We get it. That’s why we created Abode ~ it aims to take the hard work out of creating a project from scratch, giving you a finished project full of all the features that a relatively large home automation job would include. Abode will cut down many hours of work and many frustrating moments that would otherwise occur if you were to try to use the Clipsal Configurator or find graphic components without one of our packages.
Abode is designed to look like an app with that techy edge that users love – utilising splashes of orange, blue, and green against simple, minimalist, neutral backgrounds to create the sought-after modern, cutting-edge interface look. You’ll find Abode in the everyday home, appealing to a wide variety of spaces and tastes. With simple navigation, stand-out elements and fast adjustment of lighting, blinds, comfort and climate all from one page per room, Abode is perfect for families and people who have little experience with automation.
You’ll often find Abode against a light wall, with an indoor plant close by and sun streaming in from the nearby windows
WHAT YOU GET -
When you purchase Abode, you get unlimited downloads of a file that is about to save you hours of time and add so much value to the finished projects you are supplying to your customers. Included in your download is a 15-page detailed user manual of working with Abode and the Clipsal Configurator in general. We’ve been told that this document is so helpful it should be used in the Clipsal training! You’ll also get the Abode Icon Pack with 325 icons in both SVG and PNG format that can be used on any project you need. And those icons make up the complete sample project that is included in your download ~ pages and pages of a finished project with all the makings of a relatively large home automation project: lights, blinds, climate, pool, security, irrigation, watch and more. You won't need to spend hours figuring out how to design your pages - almost everything is done for you. Pre-loaded pages, icons, widgets, backgrounds, scenes, schedules, scripting, CSS coding and more. You just simply customise it, include what you need to suit your job and you're finished!
No two automation projects will be the exact same. So, for Abode we've tried to create interface pages that are easy to customise to suit your job. This is why we've included two different navigational setups. One for when you have a floor plan of the home with indicators, and another for when you don't. You can see them both above. They both link to Control pages per zone that have all the controllable options for that room on the one page: lighting, fans, heated towel rails, floor heat, air-conditioning, blinds, projectors - whatever you need. And if the page isn't quite set out right for your project, there are plenty more white shadow shapes to get the right layout for your page. Completely customisable. The sample project comes with 20 pages and 4 widgets, featuring varying page layouts that blend together to create a modern, techy, stand-out project that will suit so many different homes.
Icons are the star of any interface – they are the necessary component; they do the controlling. But our icons go beyond simple on and off buttons. These Abode icons are designed to be minimalist yet realistic, with shadow work, bevels and embossing to create the illusion of the shapes either melting into their backgrounds, or floating above them. High-definition, SVG & PNG format icons that retain their quality no matter how big or small they are. Simple icon backgrounds with splashes of neutral, smooth colours across them are contrasted perfectly against a selection of bright, almost-fluorescent, stand-out buttons and shapes that work to add just the right amount of colour. Purchase Abode and you get 325 custom icons in SVG and PNG format that are frequently used in automation. Room icons, scenes, weather, lighting, indicators, climate control, blinds, audio-visual, security, and so.many.more. All with an ‘On’ and ‘Off’ state version. Plus, if there’s one that you need that we haven’t made yet, we’re happy to add to our collection for you!
Backgrounds & Images
The Clipsal Configurator does not provide you with any backgrounds or shapes or a method of creating any, so without one of our Interface Packages it can be difficult to find high quality options, especially in the right size and colours, and then you have to add them all into the editor. Abode comes with 110 backgrounds and images pre-loaded. These vary from plain shapes to large amounts of shapes with shadow work, to minimal yet interesting backgrounds for pages where you need a little something to add interest. All of our backgrounds are created in the latest iPad screen size, but we have also included a selection of Clipsal touchscreen backgrounds as well as a method of making custom background sizes for whatever device you need. You may notice Abode often features on many of its pages, the signature white or grey rounded rectangles with subtle shadow work. The idea behind Abode is to give you this signature shape in many different size variations so that you can build whatever page layout you need - aiming to sort of give you the option to make shapes since unfortunately the Configurator doesn't have that ability yet. Our Backgrounds and Images lay the foundations of beautiful pages.
This package comes as a compressed folder download. In this folder is:
- Extensive document detailing how to work with the Clipsal Configurator. This provides a massive amount of information on how to get the most out of a SHAC or NAC.
- 15 pages of information where every single sentence will teach you something about designing and automating.
- Abode Icon Pack with 325 SVG icons. All useful. This is also pre-loaded into the Sample Project. Abode Icon pack also in PNG format for use on Clipsal touchscreens
- A complete C-Bus 5500SHAC & 5500NAC sample project.
Pre-loaded into the project is:
- 1 complete sample home automation project to demonstrate what is possible
- One navigation setup uses a floor plan and lighting indicators to link to Control pages for individual rooms
- The other navigation is based off a Control page with room icons. These room icons are scripted to Glow when something in that room is on, and display the On Value state too.
- Dashboard homepage with an instant overview of the home and quick links for fast control
- 20 sample pages with functioning navigation and objects
- 110 backgrounds and images in a variety of colours which are the foundation of beautiful pages
- Buildable shapes with shadow work to make them pop out from the page
- Custom CSS coding to change the default Clipsal purple colouring
- Custom CSS coding to change the design of the Clipsal default slider
- Widgets that act as pop-ups with transparent backgrounds for Schedules, Cameras, Weather Forecast and Data Trends
- Glowing indicators that are perfect for showing which lights are turned on
- Scripting and scenes that can be tailored to your project
- Date and Time script
- Extensive object list to demonstrate best practice for programming
- Project optimised for both Tablet & Smartphone. Set in screen size for the latest version of the iPad. Touchscreen backgrounds also included
- Ongoing support available with Ryelec. We can answer any question you have or create any icon you need, fast.
- Custom 3D floor plans in the Ryelec style available for an additional cost
- *Please note this project is mainly for Visualisation purposes thus minimal programming is included
Users must purchase their own Clipsal C-bus 5500SHAC or 5500NAC and use the web-based software as per Clipsal instructions.
This template comes as a compressed file, so to work with it, extract the downloaded file, read the instruction document, and then using the Clipsal Configurator, navigate to Utilities > Restore and select the 'Abode Sample Project' file from the location it is saved to on your computer.
This Ryelec template can be used on an unlimited amount of your own projects but under no circumstances can you share the file with anyone else who has not purchased the template from the Ryelec website.