Wurrungwuri KNX Automation Project in Birchgrove, NSW.
All-encompassing smart home system with KNX automation, audio-visual, home security and geothermal energy management. User friendly, problem solving, and high end in design.
This home is heritage listed so the original front of the house was maintained and an architectural extension was added onto the back. The old had to blend with the new and a perfect balance of styles had to be achieved. The Basalte switch range placed throughout the home creates a feeling of sophistication and style, whilst being incredibly user-friendly and intelligent. Overall, Savant automation ties everything together and allows the home to be controlled from wall-mounted touchpanels, remotes and a phone app, anywhere in the world.
Photography by Pablo Veiga. Video by Marksman Media
– KNX automation as the foundational technology to tie everything together.
– Savant technology as the front-end solution. Pro Host, 5.5” touchscreens & Savant Pro X2 Remotes
– Basalte provided the designer aesthetic with their Sentido and Deseo switches which are intelligent, refined and textural. They have unmatched control power in such a minimal design.
– Basalte Auro motion sensors for automatic gentle ramping of lights in areas such as hallways and bathrooms. They are the most discrete and stylish on the market
– Elsner temperature, humidity and motion sensors in bathrooms
– Hikvision CCTV cameras
– The Inner Range Inception system was used to bring together intruder detection, access control and security automation.
– Ubiquiti for the home network and Wi-Fi
– Pentair pool controller for pool integration
– Theben & ABB KNX switchboard gear.
– A variety of Origin Acoustics speakers with Sonos amps. 7 zones of audio, 3 of which are outdoor. These zones can be grouped together, and all the audio is tied into the automation system for easy control. The speakers are all discrete and hidden. Especially in the home theatre which has an off-form concrete ceiling. We used small speakers that are the same size as the nearby downlights and painted the grilles to match the concrete colour. We also hid more speakers in the joinery, alongside an extra short throw projector.
– Geothermal-powered HVAC. We integrated the geothermal HVAC system with the rest of the home so it can sit in automatic mode to constantly keep each room at the perfect comfortable temperature using renewable energy. The floor heating or fans are programmed to adjust based on room conditions. CWL Group provided a titanium plate heat exchanger using Sydney Harbour to conduct for heating and cooling. Forced-air cooling via bulkhead fan coil units. Hydronic underfloor, pool, spa, and domestic water heating.