C-Bus SHAC & NAC Interface Package
Take your automation projects to the next level
The beauty of automating with Clipsal's C-Bus SHAC & NACs is their unique ability to be completely customisable. But, this customisable power can be a little overwhelming. Especially when you have little design experience. We get it. That’s why we created Quartz. This Interface Package takes the hard work out of designing – simply load, customise and install. Your time is better spent on programming, on-site, or working on multiple jobs at once - save your time, invest in Quartz and let it do the hours of work for you.
Quartz is ultra-modern and minimalist, it utilises the small splashes of colours in its icons to stand out – it embodies simplicity to keep its pages light, gentle and soft. You’ll find Quartz seaside, in homes with lots of natural light and white walls. Earthy elements look great next to Quartz ~ timbers, concrete, terrazzo. If you want to see more inspiration of where Quartz fits in, view our Pinterest board.
WHAT YOU GET -
When you purchase Quartz you get unlimited downloads of a file that is about to save you hours of time and add so much value to the finished projects you are supplying to your customers. Included in your download is a 13-page detailed user manual of working with Quartz and the Clipsal Configurator in general. We’ve been told that this document is so helpful it should be used in the Clipsal training! You’ll also get the Quartz Icon Pack with 341 icons that can be used on any project you need. And alongside those, you’ll get the ultimate – the Quartz Sample Project. A completed home automation project with everything done for you. Pre-loaded pages, icons, layouts, widgets, backgrounds, scenes, schedules, scripting, CSS coding and more. You just simply customise it to suit your job and you're finished!
No two automation projects will be the exact same. So, for Quartz, we decided to include TWO different sample projects with different navigational setups. You can view them both above. One uses a floor plan and indicators for lighting control on widgets as well as separate pages for other functions. The other uses room icons to bring up a page for each zone with all the programmable features in that area on the one page. Those room icons then have a subtle glow scripted to appear when something in that zone is turned on. The sample project comes with 18 pages featuring things that a standard home automation system would involve - lighting, blinds, AC, etc. But for less commonly used features such as Security, Pool Control, TVs and Irrigation, as well as just for general design assistance - we have included 24 sample layouts.
Icons are the star of any interface – they are the necessary component; they do the controlling. But our icons go beyond simple on and off buttons. The Quartz icons are art. High-definition, SVG format icons that retain their quality no matter how big or small they are. Simple icon backgrounds with splashes of neutral, smooth colours across them; thin, minimalist, hand-drawn linework in obvious shapes to distinctively represent their purpose; the Quartz icons shine in their simplicity, making for effortless, uncluttered interfaces. Whilst Quartz is primarily light-coloured, the variations of icons also blend beautifully with dark backgrounds, meaning that Quartz can be modified to suit any space. Purchase Quartz and you get 341 custom icons that are frequently used in automation. Room icons, scenes, weather, lighting, indicators, climate control, blinds, audio-visual, security, and so.many.more. All with an ‘On’ and ‘Off’ state version. Plus, if there’s one that you need that we haven’t made yet, we’re happy to add to our collection for you!
Backgrounds & Images
The Clipsal Configurator does not provide you with any backgrounds or shapes or a method of creating any, so without one of our Interface Packages it can be difficult to find high quality options, especially in the right size and colours, and then you have to add them all into the editor. Quartz comes with 171 backgrounds and images pre-loaded. These vary from plain coloured backgrounds with menu bars, to shadow squares and rectangles, to standard buildable squares and rounded rectangles. The idea behind this particular package is to give you a way to create your own shapes within the Configurator so that you don’t need to go anywhere else for your images. You can combine several of the shapes provided to suit any page you’re building. Each shape comes in around 20 different colours so you have an array of design tools at the ready. Plus, our helpful document has the HTML codes of those shapes so you can use the same colours for plain backgrounds or text. And we’ve also revealed our method of creating horizontal and vertical lines since there is also no option of this in the editor. Our Backgrounds and Images lay the foundations of beautiful pages.
This package comes as a compressed folder download. In this folder is:
- Extensive document detailing how to work with the Clipsal Configurator. This provides a massive amount of information on how to get the most out of a SHAC or NAC.
- 13 pages of information where every single sentence will teach you something about designing and automating.
- Quartz Icon Pack with 341 icons. All useful. This is also pre-loaded into the Sample Project.
- A complete C-Bus 5500SHAC & 5500NAC sample project.
Pre-loaded into the project is:
- 2 sample projects to demonstrate what is possible
- One project uses a floor plan and lighting indicators to pop up widgets.
- The other project uses room icons with glow scripted to appear when lights are on in that room. Links to room page with all controllable features.
- Dashboard homepages with an instant overview of the home and quick links for fast control
- 18 sample pages with functioning navigation and objects
- 24 layouts that can be used for multiple pages
- 171 backgrounds and images in a variety of colours which are the foundation of beautiful pages
- Buildable shapes with shadow work to make them pop out from the page
- Custom CSS coding to change the default Clipsal purple colouring
- Widgets that act as room pop-ups with transparent backgrounds
- Glowing indicators that are perfect for showing which lights are turned on
- Scripting and scenes that can be tailored to your project
- Date and Time script
- Extensive object list to demonstrate best practice for programming
- Project optimised for both Tablet & Smartphone
- Ongoing support available with Ryelec. We can answer any question you have or create any icon you need, fast.
- Custom 3D floor plans in the Ryelec style available for an additional cost
- *Please note this project is mainly for Visualisation purposes thus minimal programming is included
Users must purchase their own Clipsal C-bus 5500SHAC or 5500NAC and use the web-based software as per Clipsal instructions.
This template comes as a compressed file, so to work with it, extract the downloaded file, read the instruction document, and then using the Clipsal Configurator, navigate to Utilities > Restore and select the 'Quartz Sample Project' file from the location it is saved to on your computer.
This Ryelec template can be used on an unlimited amount of your own projects but under no circumstances can you share the file with anyone else who has not purchased the template from the Ryelec website.